This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Seven Layer Dip Cups are a fun twist on the traditional Mexican 7 Layer Dip. Made the same way but served in individual cups, this deliciously easy recipe is always a hit!
I love appetizers! In fact, when I go out to eat, I’d rather share appetizers than order a full entree.
These Seven Layer Dip Cups are my new favorite, not just because they taste so good but because they’re so easy to make too! The bonus? Because they’re served in individual cups, you never have to worry about your guests double dipping again!
How To Make Seven Layer Dip Cups
Step 1: Start by making the guacamole. Combine the avocados, garlic and lime juice in a bowl, then add salt & pepper to taste. Use a fork to mash all ingredients until well blended.
Step 2: Cover the guacamole tightly and set aside.
Step 3: In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, chili powder, ground cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Step 4: Mix until ingredients are well blended, then set aside.
How To Layer Seven Layer Dip
Step 5: Now you’re ready to build the layers. Start by adding the refried beans to the bottom of each appetizer cup.
Step 6: Add the guacamole, followed by sour cream.
Step 7: Next add the tomatoes. Follow that up with a layer of shredded Mexican cheese.
Step 8: Top with a layer of olives, then sprinkle with chopped cilantro for garnish.
Step 9: Add a tortilla chip and a small spoon and your seven layer dip cups are ready to serve. If you’re not quite ready to serve them, wait to add the tortilla chips so that they stay crisp.
Can you make Seven Layer Dip ahead of time?
The great thing about this recipe is that you can make it the night before. That way you’ll have one less thing to do on the day of your party.
Just cover tightly and store in the refrigerator. Don’t forget, wait to add the chips until you’re ready to serve the dip so they’ll stay nice and crisp.
How long can Seven Layer Dip sit out?
One of my biggest concerns is always how long something can sit out before it spoils. Luckily that’s not a problem with this seven layer dip appetizer…it always disappears too fast!
However, these will stay be good for up to three hours so guests can graze and save this for last if they want to (you’re supposed to save the best for last, right?).
How long will this dip keep?
Leftovers can be kept covered and refrigerated for 2-3 days. The layers may start to run together a little but your dip will still taste amazing!
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cup refried beans
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 2/3 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1 cup black olives, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cilantro & blue chips for garnish and dipping
- Slice the avocados lengthwise and remove the pits. Use a spoon to scoop the avocado into a bowl.
- Add garlic, lime juice and salt and pepper to taste. Mash with a fork until completely blended. Cover tightly and set aside.
- Add sour cream, chili powder, ground cumin and garlic powder to a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Assemble the dip in 5 ounce dessert cups. Start by dividing the refried beans equally among the cups.
- Next, add a layer of guacamole, followed by sour cream.
- Finish with a layer of diced tomatoes, Mexican cheese and olives.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and a blue tortilla chip. You can also add a mini spoon if you have one.
If not serving right away, wait to add the chip until just before serving or the bottom of it will be soggy.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 194Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 297mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 5g
More Appetizer Recipes
Want more delicious party food and appetizers? Check out these posts…
- Baked Jalapeno Poppers
- Halloween Cheese Ball
- 7 Layer Dip Cups
- Fried Goat Cheese
- Sausage Puff Pastry With Peppers & Onions
- Sausage Dip
- Hot Corn Dip
- Black Bean & Corn Salsa
- Avocado Deviled Eggs With Bacon & Blue Cheese
- Easy Brie & Proscuitto Appetizer
- Phyllo Wrapped Shrimp Appetizer
- Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- Creamy Pickle Dip
Get a sneak peek at my Hot Sausage Dip here!