This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
These witches brew pudding cups are the perfect festive dessert for Halloween night. Delicious and easy to make, they’re guaranteed to be the cutest treat at your Halloween party!
These witches brew cauldron cups are guaranteed crowd pleasers and sure to be a big hit at your next Halloween party. Adorable mini plastic cauldrons are filled with rich and creamy chocolate pudding, then topped with and fluffy green whipped cream and Halloween sprinkles.
Incredibly easy to make, this no bake recipe looks just as good as it tastes. It’s popular with kids, making this a great choice for school parties. Even better, the tiny cauldrons can be reused to hold candy or other treats.
Give this fun Halloween dessert a try when you need an easy party treat that’s festive and fun. It’s sure to be one of the cutest dessert recipes your party guests have ever seen.
Why We Love This Recipe
It’s Adorable – The Halloween pudding cups in their tiny cauldrons are so cute and festive – these fun treats will be the talk of your Halloween party!
It’s Easy – This no bake recipe looks like an impressive party treat, but with just a handful of simple ingredients and no baking required, it’s as easy as making pudding.
Kids Love it – Kids go crazy for the mini cauldron cups and the fun neon green color of this tasty treat, making it a perfect choice for a children’s party or a school event.
- Chocolate pudding mix – the main ingredient in your witches brew!
- Milk – helps the pudding to set
- Cool whip – the topping for the pudding
- Green gel food coloring – gives the whipped cream it’s fun green color
- Halloween sprinkles (find them here) – a garnish for your treats
- Witch cauldron cups (find them here) – the festive holder for your pudding
How to Make Witches Brew Pudding Cups
Step 1: Wash and dry your plastic cauldrons and set them aside. In a large bowl, whisk together the milk and chocolate pudding mix.
Step 2: Divide the pudding mixture evenly among the cauldrons.
Step 3: Add 8 oz. of cool whip and 4-5 drops of green food coloring to a mixing bowl. Whisk to combine, stirring until all the food coloring is incorporated. If necessary, add more coloring, 1-2 drops at a time, until the desired color is achieved.
Step 4: Add the cool whip to a piping bag fitted with a star tip.
Step 5: Pipe the cool whip over the top of the cauldron cups.
Step 6: Top with Halloween sprinkles or other festive decorations. Enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
- You can substitute vanilla pudding or any flavor of pudding you like for these spooky treats. Pistachio would also be a great choice if you want to have the green color throughout the dessert and not just in the whipped cream.
- Save the plastic cauldrons and use them as part of your Halloween home decor. They’d look cute filled with candy corn or mellowcreme pumpkins.
- Get creative with the decorations. Gummy worms, candy bones, and candy eyes would be a great addition to this festive witch’s brew. You could also add some pretzel sticks to stir the brew.
- For the easiest preparation, choose instant pudding. You can even use premade snack pack puddings from the store.
Can I Make These in Advance?
You can store the prepared pudding in the fridge for 3-4 days, but for best results, you should wait to add the whipped cream until right before you are ready to serve the cups.
Once you make the individual desserts in the cauldron cups, it’s best to eat them on the same day they’re made.
More Fun Halloween Treats
Witches Brew Pudding Cups
- Wash and dry your plastic cauldrons and set them aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk and chocolate pudding mix.2 boxes chocolate pudding, 4 cups milk
- Divide the pudding mixture evenly among the cauldrons.
- Add 8 oz. of cool whip and 4-5 drops of green food coloring to a mixing bowl. Whisk to combine, stirring until all the food coloring is incorporated. If necessary, add more coloring, 1-2 drops at a time, until the desired color is achieved.8 ounces Cool Whip, green gel food coloring
- Using a piping bag fitted with a star tip, pipe the cool whip into the top of the cauldron cups.
- Top with Halloween sprinkles or other festive decorations. Enjoy!Halloween sprinkles
- You can substitute vanilla pudding or any flavor of pudding you like for these spooky treats. Color vanilla pudding with different colors like neon purple, green or black gel for more Halloween color.
- Add monster eyes and gummy worms to the Cool Whip to make it even creepier!
- Don’t have time to order the cauldrons? You can make each one in a clear plastic cup instead. If you’re really short on time, top snack packs with Cool Whip and add fun toppings.