Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream doesn’t get much better than this! This no churn ice cream recipe is super easy to make and tastes SO good, you’ll never want store bought again! If you’ve never tried homemade ice cream, this recipe will have you hooked!
This is the time of year that we’ve all got ice cream on the brain! I mean, is there any better dessert for summer? It’s pretty perfect no matter where you live but when you live in Florida like we do, it’s almost a necessity. Give me the choice between a glass of water and an ice cream cone and well, it’s no contest!
From red, white and blue ice cream sandwiches to orange creamsicle milkshakes, there’s really no wrong way to eat it. That’s why I’m loving this mint chocolate chip ice cream so much. Because it’s a no churn ice cream, it’s super easy to make. Plus, it tastes so good that you’ll want to go back for seconds…and maybe even thirds!
Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Start by combining two cups heavy whipping cream, sugar and butter in a medium saucepan. Simmer, stirring frequently, until butter melts and sugar dissolves.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring every few minutes. Pour into a glass container and cool to room temperature. Once it cools, add peppermint extract and green food coloring.
Take the remaining two cups of heavy whipping cream and whip until stiff peaks form.
Fold the peppermint mixture into the whipped cream.
Gently fold in the shaved chocolate.
Freeze and enjoy!
Better get your scoop first because this mint chocolate chip ice cream is going to disappear SO fast!!!
What is it about chocolate and mint together? It’s seriously a match made in heaven!
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream (divided)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 cup shaved semi-sweet chocolate
- 10 drops green food coloring (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, combine two cups heavy whipping cream, butter and sugar.
- Simmering over medium heat, stir until butter is melted and sugar dissolves.
- Bring to a boil, then decrease the heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour mixture into a glass container and let cool to room temperature.
- When mixture has cooled, mix in peppermint extract. This is also the time to add the food coloring if you're using it.
- Pour the remaining two cups of cream in a mixing bowl and whip until stiff peaks form.
- Fold peppermint mixture into the whipped cream, then fold in shaved chocolate.
- Freeze for at least four hours and enjoy.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 660Total Fat: 58gSaturated Fat: 37gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 157mgSodium: 103mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 1gSugar: 34gProtein: 4g
Want more delicious dessert recipes? Check these out too…