This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This easy Baked Beans With Bacon Recipe is the perfect side dish for summer grilling or neighborhood get-togethers. With just six ingredients, this winning recipe has a delicious sweet and savory flavor that’s always a hit!
We love getting together with friends in the summer and when we do, it usually involves lots of summer cocktails and plenty of food! Whenever there’s a summer bbq, I have two go-to recipes…my super popular No-Bake Cheesecake Bites and this yummy Baked Beans With Bacon recipe!
It’s a great recipe to make for gatherings because these easy bacon baked beans are the perfect side for everything from burgers to chicken and more. And when you make these beans with few slices of bacon, they’re that much better!
Why we love this recipe
It’s Easy – The best thing about this easy baked beans recipe is that you don’t have to start completely from scratch. I’m all about the easy recipes and canned beans are a great option for when there’s no time to make baked beans from scratch.
Flavorful – Just a few simple ingredients, including sweet brown sugar and bacon, add all kinds of extra flavor to these canned baked beans.
Great for feeding a crowd – This is seriously the best baked beans recipe if you’re short on time and need to feed a lot of people. Just pick up an extra can of beans from the grocery store if you need to double the recipe.
- Baked beans (regular or pork and beans)
- Yellow Mustard
- Light brown sugar (or substitute dark brown sugar)
- Red onion
- Salt & pepper to taste
How To Make Baked Beans With Bacon
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees f. Drain beans, then pour them into a medium bowl.
Step 2: Cook bacon and drain on paper towels, making sure to remove the excess bacon grease. Cut into small pieces.
Step 3: In a large bowl, add the bacon pieces to the red onion, ketchup, yellow mustard, brown sugar, salt and pepper. For extra bacon flavor, you can add a a little of your leftover bacon fat.
Step 4: Mix well, then transfer your bacon baked beans into a large skillet or baking dish.
Step 5: Place into the preheated oven for 15 minutes or until hot and bubbly. You can even top with bacon slices if you have any left over.
Yes! You can easily make these baked beans in advance if you want to save time the next day. Just store them in an airtight container and toss it in the oven just before you’re ready to serve.
Yes! Just let the beans cool completely first. Once cool, transfer beans to a freezer safe container, leaving a little room at the top, and freeze for up to 4-5 months. When ready to serve, thaw overnight in the refrigerator and reheat in the oven or on the stovetop.
Tips & Tricks
- If you want to keep these warm during your gathering, keep your beans in a slow cooker set to a low temperature.
- Delicious brown sugar and bacon really brings out the flavor but you can also try adding a tablespoon or two of molasses to sweeten this recipe even more.
- If you prefer your baked beans more savory and smoky, stir in a little liquid smoke. Don’t overdo it though…a little goes a long way.
- Like your food on the spicy side? Try these beans with some chili powder or cayenne pepper.
What to eat with baked beans?
These baked beans could pretty much go with anything! Here are just a few of the things we’d serve them with:
- Chicken (we love these easy Grilled Chicken Kabobs)
- BBQ Pulled Pork
- Sloppy Joes
- Hot dogs
More Easy Summer Recipes
Looking for more side dishes to serve at your get-together? If you liked this recipe, you may want to try these too:
Easy Baked Beans With Bacon
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Drain juice from the can and pour the beans into a medium size mixing bowl.28 oz can of baked beans
- Cut the crispy bacon into small pieces and add to the beans.4 slices bacon
- Next, add diced onion, ketchup, mustard, brown sugar, salt and pepper to the beans1 small red onion, 1/4 cup ketchup, 1/4 cup yellow mustard, 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Mix well and pour into a large cast iron skillet or baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes and serve hot.
- If you like your baked beans on the spicy side, try adding a little chili powder or cayenne pepper.
- Add sautéed onions or green bell pepper for a little extra flavor.
- Don’t want to use the oven? You can cook this on the stovetop over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through.