This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This easy baked beans with bacon recipe is the perfect side dish for summer grilling or neighborhood get-togethers. With just six ingredients, it may be a simple recipe but it has a delicious, savory flavor that everyone will love.
We love getting together with friends in the summer and when we do, it usually involves lots of summer cocktails and plenty of food! We love hanging out at backyard barbecues and when we do, you can never go wrong with an easy side dish recipe like baked beans with bacon.
💖Why we love this recipe
It’s Easy – The best thing about this easy baked beans recipe is that you don’t have to start completely from scratch. I’m all about the easy recipes and canned beans are a great option when you don’t have a lot of time.
Flavorful – Just a few simple ingredients add all kinds of extra flavor to a simple can of beans!
Great for feeding a crowd – These are seriously the best baked beans and it’s a great recipe if you’re expecting lots of people at your gathering. Just pick up an extra can of beans from the grocery store if you need to double the recipe.
- Baked beans
- Yellow Mustard
- Brown sugar
- Red onion
- Salt & pepper to taste
📖How To Make Baked Beans With Bacon
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350°. Drain beans, then pour them into a medium bowl.
Step 2: Take your cooked slices of bacon bacon and cut them into small pieces. Then add the bacon pieces, red onion, ketchup, yellow mustard, brown sugar, salt and pepper. For extra bacon flavor, you can add a a little of your leftover bacon fat.
Step 3: Mix well, then transfer your baked bean mixture into a large skillet or baking pan.
Step 4: Place into the preheated oven for 15 minutes and serve hot.
Yes! You can whip up this summer BBQ staple the night before, store in an airtight container and throw it in the oven just before you’re ready to serve.
What to eat with baked beans?
I love that this side dish goes with so many things! Try it with any of these…
- BBQ Pulled Pork
- Sloppy Joes
- Hot dogs
More Easy Summer Recipes
Looking for more side dishes to serve at your get-together? Try one of these delicious recipes:
Easy Baked Beans With Bacon
- 28 oz can of baked beans
- 4 slices bacon cooked
- 1 small red onion diced
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Drain juice from the can and pour the beans into a medium size mixing bowl.28 oz can of baked beans
- Cut the crispy bacon into small pieces and add to the beans.4 slices bacon
- Next, add diced onion, ketchup, mustard, brown sugar, salt and pepper to the beans1 small red onion, 1/4 cup ketchup, 1/4 cup yellow mustard, 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Mix well and pour into a large cast iron skillet or baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes and serve hot.
- If you like your baked beans on the spicy side, try adding a little chili powder or cayenne pepper.
- Add sautéed onions or green bell pepper for a little extra flavor.
- Don’t want to use the oven? You can cook this on the stovetop over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through.