This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This easy strawberry fluff salad will be your new favorite dessert recipe for summer. With plenty of fresh berries and a delicious creamy texture, this crowd-pleasing dessert dip is perfect for any occasion.
If you’re in the mood for a rich strawberry cheesecake but want something a little lighter and a lot less work, try this amazing strawberry fluff salad recipe. Creamy Cool Whip and rich cream cheese combine to form the base for this fluffy treat. Then it’s mixed with plenty of fresh juicy strawberries for a fruity and delicious dessert you won’t be able to resist.
Kids and adults alike will love this easy dessert salad, which can be enjoyed with graham crackers, Nilla wafers, sugar cookies, or just by itself with a spoon. It’s pretty and delicious enough for a fancy brunch or baby shower, but easy enough for an everyday dessert, snack or side dish.
Table of Contents
Why We Love This Recipe
Light and Fluffy – This strawberry fluff recipe treat has the rich flavor of a cheesecake with a light and fluffy texture. It’s perfect for when you want to satisfy your sweet tooth with something that’s not too heavy.
Perfect Dessert for Spring – We love to make a large bowl of this rich and creamy dessert during the spring and summer months to take advantage of strawberry season.
It’s Easy – All you need to do is mix together a few simple ingredients, so this no bake dessert recipe is great when you’re short on time and don’t feel like turning on the oven.
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Cool Whip, thawed
- Mini marshmallows
- Fresh strawberries, diced (about 6 cups)
- Graham crackers for serving or topping (optional)
How to Make This Easy Strawberry Fluff Salad
Step 1: Combine the cream cheese, vanilla, and powdered sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat with a hand mixer until smooth.
Step 2: Fold in the whipped topping with a rubber spatula until incorporated. Take care not to overmix, so it keeps a fluffy consistency.
Step 3: Stir in the diced strawberries and mini marshmallows until they are evenly coated.
Step 4: Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes or until ready to serve. Enjoy with graham crackers or cookies.
Tips & Tricks
- Be sure to start with soften cream cheese. Otherwise it will be harder to get that smooth, creamy consistency that makes this dessert so delish!
- The longer you can let the fluff salad chill in the refrigerator, the better it will be. The flavors will meld together and taste even more amazing.
- You can use cheesecake instant pudding mix or instant vanilla pudding mix instead of the homemade cream cheese mixture. Use two 3.4 oz boxes of instant pudding mixed with 2 cups of cold milk, then fold in the Cool Whip.
- Feel free to try different types of fresh fruit in this fluff salad. You can use fresh raspberries or blackberries, as well as peaches, or bananas. You can even add nuts, coconut flakes, or chocolate chips.
- Don’t have fresh strawberries? Try making this fluff salad recipe with strawberry pie filling instead.
- If you prefer to make homemade whipped cream, you can use that in place of the Cool Whip.
How Do I Store Strawberry Fluff Salad?
Keep your leftover salad refrigerated in an airtight container for 2-3 days. The strawberries will get a little softer after they sit for a while, but the fluff will still taste delicious.
Can I Make This in Advance?
This recipe is best served the same day it’s prepared. However, you can make it a day ahead of time if you need to and it’ll still be tasty.
Can I Use Frozen Strawberries?
We like to use fresh strawberries for this recipe, but you can make this with frozen strawberries in a pinch. Make sure to thaw them completely, then pat dry with a paper towel. Otherwise the fluff salad will become watery as it sits.
What Can I Dip in Strawberry Fluff Salad?
Try graham crackers, Nilla wafers, butter cookies, fresh strawberries or peach slices. Even Oreos or chocolate cookies would be delicious.
More Light and Fruity Desserts
- Blueberry Fluff Salad – Similar to our strawberry salad but with blueberry pie filling, this fluff salad is an easy dessert recipe to make any time of year.
- Fruit Salad with Cool Whip – This fun recipe combines tow of our favorite ingredients, Cool Whip and fruit.
- Pineapple Fluff – Made with Cool Whip (are you sensing a trend?) and crushed pineapple, this is a great dessert to bring to parties if you want to keep getting invited back.
- Mixed Berry Cheesecake Fluff – Want a similar recipe but with different flavors? This fluff salad recipe uses a variety of fresh fruits in addition to strawberries. It’s red, white and blue colors make this salad perfect for 4th Of July and Memorial parties.
- Banana Pudding Fluff – A fun twist on banana pudding, this flavorful no bake dessert is the perfect dessert for any occasion!
More Delicious Strawberry Recipes
- Strawberry Jello Poke Cake – This easy make-ahead recipe uses a strawberry Jello mix for a flavorful cake that’s always a crowd-pleaser.
- Strawberry Jello Parfait – With layers of strawberry flavor jello and Cool Whip, this dessert is as pretty as it is delicious.
- Strawberry Pie – An easy no bake recipe is made with fresh strawberries, this classic dessert is perfect for summer gatherings.
- Homemade Strawberry Milkshake – Delicious and refreshing, this is a great recipe for keeping cool on hot summer days.
Strawberry Fluff Salad
- Combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Beat with a hand mixer until smooth.16 ounces cream cheese, 1 cup powdered sugar, 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- Fold in the Cool Whip with a rubber spatula until incorporated. Take care not to overmix, so it keeps a fluffy consistency.16 ounces Cool Whip
- Stir in the diced strawberries and mini marshmallows until they are evenly coated.32 ounces fresh strawberries, 3 cups mini marshmallows
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes or until ready to serve. Enjoy with graham crackers or cookies.
- This recipe makes approximately 8 cups of fluff salad.
- We prefer fresh strawberries for this recipe but you can use sliced frozen strawberries in a pinch. Just thaw them completely, then pat them dry with a paper towel. Otherwise the fluff salad may become watery as it sits.