This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you’re looking for the best banana dessert recipes, you’ve come to the right place! These are some of the most scrumptious puddings, cakes, breads and more and now they’re right here at your fingertips. Grab your ripe bananas and check out these sweet and delicious ways you can put them to good use.
Best Banana Dessert Recipes
We love bananas in our morning oatmeal or for an afternoon snack but always end up with a few extras. I buy a bunch, thinking we’ll eat them, but always have some that begin to ripen a little too soon.
The great news is, there’s no reason to toss them. They just happen to be the star attraction in all of these delectable and easy banana desserts. We’ve got the classics, like banana bread and homemade banana pudding, but there are tons of other creative and unique recipes that will wow your guests. I mean, who wouldn’t want to try banana egg rolls or banana tacos.
Take a look and you’ll see that we aren’t monkeying around! These banana recipes are the perfect way to satisfy all of your sweet tooth cravings. (Be sure to scroll to the end for some great tips and tricks on buying and storing your bananas).
The Best Banana Dessert Recipes
Tip for Buying and Storing Bananas
With the price of fresh produce these days, it’s important to buy and store bananas properly to extend the shelf life. They often have a shorter life than other fruits, but there are things you can do to help get a few extra days out of them:
- Color: The best time to buy bananas are when there’re pale yellow with the slightest hint of green on the ends. If the green runs down past the ends, it’s underripe. Bananas starting to show brown spots are beginning to ripen and will need to be eaten soon.
- Storing: When you get them home, store bananas at room temperature away from direct sunlight. Also try to avoid warm areas in the kitchen, like near the oven or stove.
- Wrap the ends: Here’s a fun trick many people don’t know about. Wrap the stem end of bananas in plastic wrap and you’ll slow down the aging process.
- Treating sliced bananas: Once you slice into a banana, it’ll begin to turn brown quickly. To slow this down, brush a little fresh lemon juice on the exposed end.
- Freeze them: If you know you won’t use them before they go bad, place them in a freezer bag and freeze for up to several weeks. Be sure to thaw them before you try to peel them, because otherwise it’s next to impossible.
Want More Roundups?
- 11+ Best Butterbeer-Inspired Recipes
- 41+ Best Breakfast for Dinner Recipes
- 65 Best Oreo Cookie Recipes
- 65 Best Bite-sized Desserts
- 30+ Best White Cake Mix Recipes
- 15+ Best Puff Pastry Pinwheels
- 45 Magical Harry Potter Recipes
- 35+ Best Chicken Thigh Recipes
- 10 Best Super Bowl Charcuterie Boards
60+ of the Best Banana Dessert Recipes
- Banana Pudding Cupcakes
- Easy Banana Pudding Poke Cake
- Banana Bread without Sugar
- Frozen Banana Pops
- Biscoff Banana Brad
- Banana Caramel Layer Cake
- Best Toffee Banana Layer Cake
- Banana Cake Roll with Cream Cheese Filling
- No-Bake Banana Pudding Yum Yum
- Easy Banana Baked Donuts
- No Bake Banana Split Cake
- Banana Walnut Snack Cake
- Flambeed Banana
- Banana Bites Nilla Wafer Dessert
- Banana Blondies with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Banana Split Fluff
- Choose your favorite banana dessert recipe.
- Gather all the ingredients needed to make it.
- Make your delicious dessert and enjoy!