Want a delicious white chocolate bark that can be whipped up in just 15 minutes? This easy recipe is perfect for when you need a last minute dessert for a party or want a fun treat for friends and family!
One reason I love chocolate bark is because it’s an easy treat that can be whipped up in a hurry. If you need something last minute to bring to a party, this one of my favorite quick go-to recipes (my other favorites are these awesome no-bake cheesecake bites with berries and no-bake Oreo cheesecake bites). You can even have a theme and make pretty chocolate hearts for Valentines day or candy corn bark for Halloween.
The best part is that you can use whatever you have on hand to make white chocolate bark. As long as you’ve got the chocolate, you can just search your pantry and find fun toppings. I used pretzels, chocolate candy and sprinkles for this white chocolate bark but the possibilities are endless…use raisins, dried cranberries, nuts, crumbled Oreos, peppermint and more. Almost everything tastes great with chocolate, right?
White Chocolate Bark
It doesn’t really get much easier! Start by breaking skinny pretzel sticks until you have about 1/4 cup.
You’ll also need mini chocolate candies (but if you can’t find the minis, big ones will work too).
Of course, you can’t make white chocolate bark without plenty of white chocolate!
The only tricky part can be melting the white chocolate. While I melt regular chocolate in the microwave, you can’t do that with white chocolate because it will often seize up and become a weird consistency.
I’ve found that the easiest way is to put an inch or two of water in a large saucepan and bring it to a boil. After turning the heat down to simmer, I put a bowl of chocolate chips on top of the saucepan and stir frequently. Adding just a little vegetable oil gives it an even smoother consistency.
Keep stirring gently until the chocolate chips have completely melted.
Place wax paper over a baking sheet and pour the melted chocolate over it.
Spread evenly with a spatula or an icing smoother.
Add the pretzels, chocolate candy and anything else that you think might be tasty. I added rainbow colored sprinkles too. This next step is optional but I lightly placed a second sheet of wax paper on top and very gently used it to push the pretzels and candy down into the bark. It keeps them from falling off when you break the chocolate into pieces. Don’t push too hard though…just enough to make the toppings stick to the chocolate.
I also love the texture it added when I pulled it off.
Now put the bark in the refrigerator to harden.
Cut into squares with a sharp knife! I made 12 large squares but this easily makes 18-24 pieces of white chocolate bark.
I seriously love how easy it is to make this yummy white chocolate bark!
- 24 oz white chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup pretzel sticks (broken)
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate candies
- 2 tbsp rainbow colored sprinkles
- Cover a baking sheet with wax paper
- Bring 1-2 inches of water to boil in a saucepan, then turn down to a simmer
- Add chocolate chips to a bowl (I prefer a glass bowl) and place bowl on top of saucepan.
- Add vegetable oil and stir frequently until chocolate is melted and smooth
- Pour chocolate over wax paper and spread evenly
- Top with pretzels, candy and sprinkles
- Place another piece of wax paper over the top and gently push down to be sure toppings are securely embedded in the chocolate (optional)
- Remove wax paper and place chocolate into refrigerator to harden
- Once chocolate has hardened, break into pieces and enjoy
- *This recipe makes 12 large pieces or 24 small pieces of white chocolate bark
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 226Saturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 45mgCarbohydrates: 26gSugar: 25gProtein: 2g
What toppings would you add? Would you keep your white chocolate bark simple or throw everything in but the kitchen sink?
If you liked this post, you may want to check these out too…