This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Valentine’s Day milkshake is a sweet and creamy treat that will brighten everyone’s holiday. A vibrant pink shake with a delicious strawberry flavor, this easy milkshake recipe is the perfect Valentine’s Day treat to enjoy with the ones you love.
Valentine’s Day is an ideal time for indulgent sweet treats and this strawberry Valentine’s Day milkshake is a fun way to celebrate the holiday. Although a sweet and creamy strawberry shake is delicious any time of year, this one has a few extra special festive touches.
It starts with a sweet frosting and sugar rim on your glass and finishes with whipped cream and festive Valentine sprinkles. The result is a delicious and fun dessert that looks twice as good as an ordinary shake and is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
This is the perfect special treat, whether you serve it as a delicious after school surprise or a tasty Valentine’s Day dessert. If you’re having a party, you can add your favorite liqueur and turn it into a creamy frozen cocktail. Either way, it’s sure to become everyone’s new favorite Valentine’s treat!
Why We Love This Recipe
It’s Easy – This delicious shake has just a few ingredients and is so quick and easy to make. It comes out perfect every time!
It’s Festive – The sugared rim, bright pink color, and Valentine’s themed sprinkles make this treat look as good as it tastes. It’s perfect for your next Valentine’s Day party!
It’s Versatile – Add some white chocolate chips or strawberry syrup, use cherry or vanilla ice cream in place of the strawberry, or make a boozy version with your favorite liqueur. You can make delicious variations for all kinds of special occasions.
- Strawberry ice cream
- Vanilla frosting
- Valentine’s sanding sugar and sprinkles
- Whipped cream for topping
- Pink food coloring, optional
- Red and white paper straws, optional
How to Make a Valentine’s Milkshake
Step 1: Using a butter knife, add a small layer of frosting all around the rim of your glass.
Step 2: Sprinkle sanding sugar over the frosting.
Step 3: Combine ice cream and ⅓ cup of milk in your blender. Blend until smooth. If needed, add an additional splash of milk and continue to blend until you reach your desired consistency.
Step 4: If you’d like a brighter and more festive pink color, you can add a few drops of pink food coloring.
Step 5: Pour the shake into your glass and top with whipped cream and Valentine’s Day sprinkles.
Tips and Tricks
- Milkshakes are best when they’re made with high-quality ingredients. Use a premium ice cream and be sure to buy whole milk to get the perfect creamy texture.
- Red hots candies or conversation hearts would make a fun and festive addition to this shake.
- If you prefer vanilla ice cream to strawberry, you can use it instead. Just add a bit more food coloring to get the perfect pink color.
- If you don’t have milkshake glasses, these would look pretty served in hurricane glasses, mason jars, or other glass jars.
You sure can! This would be delicious with some white chocolate liqueur, strawberry liqueur, or Amaretto.
More Valentine’s Day Treats
- Valentine’s Day Popcorn
- Valentine Rice Krispie Treats
- 30 Deliciously Decadent Valentine’s Day Desserts
- Valentine Candy Hearts
- Red Velvet Brownies
Valentine’s Day Milkshake
- Using a butter knife, add a small layer of frosting all around the rim of your glass.2 tbsp vanilla frosting
- Sprinkle sanding sugar over the frosting.1 tbsp pink sanding sugar
- Combine ice cream and ⅓ cup of milk in your blender. Blend until smooth. If needed, add an additional splash of milk and continue to blend until you reach your desired consistency.5 scoops strawberry ice cream, ⅓ cup milk
- If you’d like a brighter and more festive pink color, you can add a few drops of pink food coloring.pink food coloring
- Pour the shake into your glass and top with whipped cream and Valentine’s Day sprinkles.whipped cream for topping, 1 tbsp pink sanding sugar