This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Poison Apple Cocktail is a dazzling fall drink that’s sure to steal the show at your Halloween party. With plenty of delicious fall flavor and beautiful shimmery appearance, it’s guaranteed to wow your party guests.
This spooky poison apple cocktail is the perfect drink for your next Halloween party. Edible gold luster dust is the star ingredient in this drink, giving it distinctive shimmery swirls of red and gold.
It’s as delicious as it is beautiful! The classic combination of apple and cranberry flavors with the spiced rum, adding a boozy element that also gives this drink a nice hint of fall flavor.
It’s absolutely ideal for Halloween, but also works for Thanksgiving and all throughout the holiday season. It’s quick and easy to make, and you can even omit the rum for a non-alcoholic version. Give this fun and festive Halloween cocktail a try whenever you want to add a little extra sparkle to your party. To carry out the apple theme, you could serve them with these Mini Apple Pies or these cute little Apple Pie Bites!
Table of Contents
Why We Love This Recipe
It Looks Pretty – The beautiful swirls of red and gold make this eye-catching drink look as good as it tastes.
It’s a Perfect Halloween Drink – With a fun glittery presentation and delicious fall flavors, this festive Halloween cocktail is perfect for this time of year.
It’s Easy – Just throw everything in a cocktail shaker and shake it up and you’ve got a delicious and impressive easy cocktail in minutes.
- Spiced rum
- Apple cider
- Cranberry juice
- Gold edible luster dust
- Fresh apple slices (optional)
How to Make Poison Apple Cocktails
Step 1: Add ice and rum to a cocktail shaker.
Step 2: Add the apple cider to the shaker.
Step 3: Pour in the cranberry juice.
Step 4: Add the edible gold luster dust to the cocktail mixture. Shake to chill and combine ingredients.
Step 5: Strain into your favorite cocktail glass. Garnish with fresh apple slices if desired.
Tips & Tricks
- The edible gold luster dust tends to settle at the bottom of the glass, so I recommend serving these with some pretty cocktail stirrers.
- Make a non-alcoholic version by replacing the rum with one extra ounce each of the cranberry juice and apple cider.
- You can use pomegranate juice in place of the cranberry or try some apple vodka or Crown Royal Apple in place of the spiced rum.
- For a fun finishing touch, try putting some orange or red rimming sugar around the rim of the glass.
What Kind of Glass Should I Serve These in?
We like using a brandy, hurricane, or martini glass, but just about anything will work – as long as it’s clear so that you can see the pretty gold swirls.
Can I Make it Without the Gold Luster Dust?
Sure! We love the gold color for Halloween parties, but you can omit this edible glitter and garnish with fresh cranberries, apples, and cinnamon sticks. Either way, it’s a versatile fall cocktail you’ll want to make all season long.
More Halloween Drinks and Shots
- Pumpkin Martinis
- Candy Corn Jello Shots
- Caramel Apple Jello Shots
- Apple Pie Shot Recipe
- 25 Of The Best Halloween Cocktails
- Easy Halloween Punch (non-alcoholic)
Poison Apple Cocktail
- Add ice and rum to a cocktail shaker.2 ounces spiced rum
- Pour in the apple cider and cranberry juice.2 ounces apple cider, 1 ounce cranberry juice
- Add gold luster dust, then shake to combine and chill the ingredients.1/8 tsp Gold edible luster dust
- Strain into your favorite cocktail glass.
- Turn this cocktail into a mocktail by replacing the rum with one extra ounce each of the cranberry juice and apple cider.
- The edible gold luster dust tends to settle at the bottom of the glass, so you may want to serve with some pretty cocktail stirrers. We loved these “poison” themed stirrers.