This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Caramel Apple Jello Shots recipe takes all the flavors of the popular apple treat and turn them into a fun fall shot. With a boozy green apple base and a gooey caramel topping, these festive and delicious shots are the perfect way to liven up any party.
Table of Contents
Caramel Apple Jello Shots Recipe
These Caramel Apple Jello Shots are a fun twist on the classic treat! It’s an adult version with all the same great flavors, plus the addition of vodka for some boozy fun!
Green apple flavor Jello and caramel vodka combine to form the Jello shot layer. That layer is then topped with a layer of creamy caramel sauce and a chewy caramel candy. The result is a sweet and delicious shot that tastes like a cross between an apple cider and a candy apple. It’s full of fall flavor and looks pretty on your party table too!
Give this new recipe a try next time you need a fall party treat that’s sure to help get the fun started!
Why We Love This Recipe
It’s a Candy and a Shot in One – With caramel vodka infused Jello, a small layer of caramel sauce and chewy caramels on top, this treat is part cocktail and part delicious candy.
It’s Quick and Easy – The topping gives this shot an impressive layered look in less time that a traditional layered Jello shot. Instead of waiting for multiple layers of Jello to set, all you have to do is pour caramel topping over the apple layer.
It’s Great for Fall Parties – Made with green apple Jello and full of flavor, this is our favorite party staple. It’s also a fun way to rev things up for game day, or other fun fall event.
- Sonic or Jolly Rancher green apple Jello – gives the shot its gelatin texture, apple flavor and fun green color.
- Water, divided – dissolves the Jello and helps it to set.
- Caramel vodka – adds the caramel flavor to the Jello.
- Caramel sauce – adds the caramel layer.
- Individually wrapped caramels – a garnish for your shots.
How to Make Caramel Apple Jello Shots
Step 1: Place the plastic cups or plastic shot glasses on a cookie sheet or shallow baking pan. Set aside.
Step 2: Bring 1 cup water to a gentle simmer in a medium saucepan.
Step 3: Remove the boiling water from the heat and whisk in the green apple gelatin powder. Stir until the gelatin is dissolved.
Step 4: Add 1 cup of caramel vodka.
Step 5: Add a cup of cold water. Stir until ingredients are well combined.
Step 6: Divide the Jello mixture evenly among the plastic cups, making sure to leave room at the top for a thin layer of caramel sauce. Move the Jello shots to the refrigerator to chill for at least 4 hours.
Step 7: Before serving, top each shot with about 1 tbsp. of caramel sauce. Finally, unwrap caramels and place one on top of each shot.
Tips & Tricks
- Be sure to measure the vodka carefully. You don’t want to add too much alcohol or the Jello may not set up properly.
- If you don’t have chewy caramels, you can cut Granny Smith apples and top each shot with an apple slice. (Add a few drops of lemon juice to each slice to prevent the fresh apples from browning.)
- If you can’t find caramel vodka, you can substitute plain or green apple flavored vodka to your gelatin mixture instead. Butterscotch schnapps or Sour Apple Pucker would also work, or you can omit the alcohol for a kid friendly version.
- It’s a good idea to leave out the caramel candies until just before serving. If you’re planning to save your shots for a few days, you’ll want to put lids on them, and the caramel candies may get in the way.
How Should I Store These?
Keep these in an airtight container or use the plastic Jello shot cups that come with lids to keep them covered. They’ll keep in the refrigerator for 4-5 days, so feel free to make them in advance and have them ready to go for your party!
More Fun Cocktails And Jello Shot Recipes
Want more fall cocktail recipes? These are sure to liven up your next Halloween party!
- Candy Corn Jello Shots
- Green Apple Jello Shots
- Butterscotch Jello Shots
- Haunted Halloween Margarita
- Poison Apple Cocktail
More Halloween Party Favorites
Making these for a party? These fun snacks will make a great addition too!
- Halloween Poison Apples
- Mummy Rice Krispie Treats
- Halloween Punch (Non-Alcoholic)
- Halloween Puppy Chow
- Pumpkin Cheese Ball
- Pumpkin Hand Pies
- The Best Halloween Charcuterie Board Ideas
Caramel Apple Jello Shots
- Place the plastic shot cups on a cookie sheet or shallow baking pan and set aside.
- Bring 1 cup water to a gentle simmer in a medium saucepan.2 cups water
- Remove the boiling water from the heat and whisk in the green apple gelatin powder. Stir until gelatin is completely dissolved.1 box green apple jello
- Add 1 cup of caramel vodka and 1 cup of cold water. Stir well.1 cup caramel vodka, 2 cups water
- Divide the Jello mixture evenly among the plastic cups, making sure to leave room at the top for a thin layer of caramel sauce.
- Move shots to the refrigerator and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Before serving, top each shot with about 1 tbsp. of caramel sauce. Finally, unwrap the caramels and place one on top of each shot.1 cup caramel sauce, 16 caramel candies
- Don’t have caramel candies? You can top these with apple slices instead. Just be sure to add a couple drops of lemon juice to keep them from browning.
- If you don’t have caramel vodka, you can substitute green apple vodka or even plain vodka instead.