This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This watermelon crush cocktail is a refreshing drink that’s bursting with fresh watermelon flavor. As simple as it is delicious, this boozy treat is about to become your new favorite summer cocktail!
Who doesn’t love fresh watermelon during the summer months? A staple at picnics, parties, and cookouts, it’s one of the best flavors of the season. This watermelon crush cocktail puts that fresh flavor into a boozy summer drink that’s perfect for sipping by a pool or on a patio at happy hour.
Fresh watermelon is the key to this delicious drink. Just a few seconds in the blender and a quick trip through a strainer, and you’ve got a quick and easy homemade watermelon juice that pairs perfectly with the boozy kick of watermelon vodka and the refreshing citrusy fizz of Sprite.
Sure to be a hit at parties, this amazing watermelon crush recipe perfectly captures the flavor of summer and you’ll want to enjoy it all season long!
💖Why We Love This Recipe
Perfect for Summer – Nothing says summer like the taste of fresh watermelon. This delicious cocktail is perfect for the warm weather.
It’s Easy – This cocktail is a sure crowd pleaser, but with just three simple ingredients, it’s also quick and easy to prepare.
Great for Parties – You can puree the watermelon in advance and have a big batch ready to go just in time for your next party. All you need to do is add the vodka and Sprite!
- Fresh watermelon, chopped
- Watermelon vodka
- Sprite (or any lemon-lime soda)
- Fresh watermelon for garnish
👩🏼🍳How to Make a Watermelon Crush Cocktail
Step 1: Add the fresh watermelon to your blender. Double check to be sure there are no black seeds.
Step 2: Puree the watermelon until smooth, about 1 minute.
Step 3: Pour the pureed watermelon through a mesh strainer into a bowl or large container. Discard the solids.
Step 4: Fill your favorite glass or cocktail shaker with ice and add 4 oz. of the fresh watermelon juice.
Step 5: Add 1 ½ oz. watermelon vodka and 2 oz. Sprite.
Step 6: Garnish with fresh watermelon and lime slices.
Tips & Tricks
- If you want to make this recipe even easier, you can start with a store-bought watermelon juice like Simply Watermelon. Trader Joe’s also carries a watermelon cucumber juice that would work.
- If you don’t have watermelon vodka, you can use the plain variety. A lime or citrus flavored vodka would also work.
- Add a mint sprig or some fresh mint leaves for even more cool and refreshing flavor. Mint pairs incredibly well with watermelon.
- For an extra boozy version, add some triple sec and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
Yes! You can prepare the juice and store it an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two days.
Absolutely – just omit the vodka and mix the watermelon juice and Sprite for a refreshing non-alcoholic version of this drink.
More Fun Summer Cocktails
Watermelon Crush Cocktail
- 1 cup watermelon chopped
- 1 ½ oz. watermelon vodka
- 2 oz. Sprite
- watermelon slice for garnish
- Add the fresh watermelon to your blender.1 cup watermelon
- Puree the watermelon until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Pour the pureed watermelon through a mesh strainer, into a bowl or large container and discard the solids.
- Fill your favorite cocktail glass with ice and add 4 oz. of the fresh watermelon juice.ice
- Add 1 ½ oz. watermelon vodka and 2 oz. Sprite.1 ½ oz. watermelon vodka, 2 oz. Sprite
- Garnish with fresh watermelon and lime slices.watermelon slice