This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This spicy mango margarita is a fun tropical twist on the classic cocktail. Fresh mangos and jalapeño turn an ordinary margarita into what’s sure to become your new favorite summer party drink!
If you like your cocktails with a little heat, this spicy mango jalapeño margarita will be your new favorite spring and summer drink. Like most classic margarita recipes, it’s made with tequila, triple sec, and lime juice, but the star ingredients in this version are fresh mango juice and jalapeño slices.
They’re a perfect combination, giving this drink just the right balance of heat and delicious tropical sweetness. Finished off with a tangy Tajin rim, this delicious cocktail will definitely add a little spice to your life!
Now that warmer days are on the way, this is a perfect drink for your patio cocktail hours, pool parties, and of course, Cinco de Mayo. But since it’s so easy to make, you can whip up a big batch anytime you like.
Why We Love This Recipe
It’s Unique – Mango isn’t your typical margarita flavor but it really works in this tropical cocktail. And if you like spicy drinks, you’ll love the heat from the fresh jalapeño.
Great for Parties – This fruity and flavorful drink is sure be a crowd favorite. It’s the perfect drink to spice up your next party!
Perfect for Spring and Summer – We love a good margarita during the warmer months. The refreshing mango and citrus flavors make this a perfect drink for summer parties, patio happy hours and pool days.
- Triple sec (or other orange liqueur)
- Juice of 1 lime
- Mango juice (fresh, if possible)
- Jalapeno slices
- Agave syrup or simple syrup for extra sweetness (optional)
- Lime wedges and Tajin seasoning for rimming
- Lime slices or wedges for garnish
How to Make Spicy Mango Margaritas
Step 1: Add a handful of ice cubes to your cocktail shaker. Pour in the tequila and triple sec.
Step 2: Add the fresh lime juice.
Step 3: Add the mango juice, slices of jalapeno, and agave, if desired. Shake until the mixture is combined and chilled.
Step 4: To rim your margarita, run a lime wedge around the rim of the glass, then dip the glass edge into the Tajin seasoning. You can use regular margarita salt but we love the extra flavor of this chili-lime salt rim!
Step 5: Pour the drink into your margarita glass, then garnish with a lime wedge or a slice of mango.
Tips & Tricks
- If you don’t have Tajin seasoning, you can substitute a mixture of kosher salt and chili powder.
- If you like your margaritas a bit less spicy, lower the spice level by using fewer jalapeños and seeding them before putting them in your shaker.
- Mango juice is sometimes labeled mango nectar and can be found in the Mexican food section of many grocery stores. If you can’t find mango juice, this recipe would also be delicious with pineapple.
I like to use a mid-priced brand of silver tequila, but you can use any kind you prefer in this recipe.
Can I Make This Without Jalapeños?
Sure, if you prefer the non-spicy variety of mango margarita, you can omit the jalapeños and it will still be delicious.
More Tasty Cocktail Recipes
Spicy Mango Margarita
- 2 ounces tequila
- ½ ounce triple sec or similar orange liquor
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 4 ounces mango juice fresh if possible but not necessary
- 2-3 slices fresh jalapeno
- 2 tsp. agave syrup optional for extra sweetness.
- 1 tbsp tajin seasoning for rim
- 2 Lime slice or wedge for rim and garnish
- Add a handful of ice cubes, tequila, and triple sec to your cocktail shaker.
- Add the fresh lime juice.
- Add the mango juice, slices of jalapeno, and agave, if desired. Shake until the mixture is combined and chilled.
- To rim your margarita, run a lime wedge around the rim of your glass, then dip the glass edge into the Tajin seasoning.
- Pour the drink into your margarita glass, then garnish with a lime wedge or a slice of mango.
- Mango juice, also called mango nectar, can usually be found in the Mexican food section of your grocery store. If you can’t find it, you can also make this cocktail with pineapple juice.