This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This bumblebee pumpkin will have everyone buzzing this Halloween! It’s an easy Halloween craft that’s not only fun to make but it’s budget friendly too!
No Carve Bumblebee Pumpkin
This year we made a cute butterfly pumpkin after I was inspired by butterfly wings that I found at a dollar store. It turned out so cute that when I saw bumblebee wings the next time, I picked up a pair of those too. I thought our butterfly might to have a bumblebee pumpkin to keep her company! I grabbed a few more styrofoam pumpkins while I was there too.
You don’t need a lot of supplies or crafting skills to make this and it’s a fun way to get the kids excited about Halloween. Ready to get started?
- Paint your pumpkin yellow (it may need two coats)
- Starting from the top, paint black stripes around the pumpkin, leaving a space in the front for the face.
- To make the eyes, I used the paint bottle and a quarter to trace two large white and two medium black circles.
- Glue them together, then add a tiny white circle to each eye.
- Hot glue the eyes to the front of the bumblebee, then cut a mouth out of the black foam.
- Attach bumblebee wings to the back of the pumpkin
- Now it's time so make the base. Pull out the flower foam and silk flowers.
- Cut the stems to shorten the flowers. If the stem has metal inside, bend the stem back and forth until it breaks. Insert flowers into flower foam
- Take the pointy end of each BBQ skewer and push it all the way into the bumblebee. Put the other end into the flower foam. Now you have a cute flying bumblebee
These links take you to Amazon but it you have a Dollar Tree nearby, you can make this cute craft for a lot less.
So if you’ve been looking for no carve pumpkin ideas that are a little outside the box, grab some cheap bumblebee wings (or make your own) and paint yourself a fun bumblebee pumpkin.
Looking for more fun pumpkin decorating ideas? You might want to check these out…