This Easter chick craft is most adorable way ever to repurpose those broken Easter eggs! It’s an easy Easter craft that the kids will go crazy for!
Every year I get super excited about Easter, because I know that I’m going to be making Easter eggs! It’s one of my favorite holiday crafts and for the last three years, I’ve also been sharing my creations on Sarasota’s Suncoast View!
When I’m doing the show, I like to make my Easter eggs way in advance using hollowed out eggs. The problem is that sometimes I get impatient when I’m blowing the yolks through and I end up with a some broken ones.
This year I decided to go with these Easter chicks! We’d found them at one of the dollar stores and my girls couldn’t leave without them (I mean, they ARE pretty cute!)
Easter Chick Craft
I didn’t actually know what we were going to do with them until I broke my first egg. Then I got the idea for this easy Easter chick craft!
- Create small hole in three eggs. I just made a small crack, poured out the egg inside and broke off small pieces until your holes are the size you want.
- Use Easter egg dye to color the egg shells blue.
- Attach a base so that your eggs will stand upright. I use these glass vase fillers.
- Fill halfway with Easter grass.
- Place chick inside.
- Now you can display them however you like. I found this cute plastic egg for $1, added a little more grass and set the blue eggs inside.
While I've included links to help you find these products on Amazon, you can find them cheaper by going straight to Walmart or one of the dollar stores.
So don’t throw away those broken eggs! There are still a gazillion things you can do with them…plus, these little guys need a good home!
More Easter Egg Ideas
Want more fun Easter ideas? Check these out…
My girls were absolutely obsessed with these pretty Unicorn Easter Eggs!
Little Toy Story fans will have a blast making Toy Story Alien Easter Eggs!
Nail Polish Easter Eggs are so pretty but they can also be messy. Don’t worry though…I have an awesome trick for avoiding all the mess!