This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This post is sponsored by the Ice Cream Adventures promotion at Publix. The opinions and text are all mine.
This Peanut Butter Milkshake is the perfect smooth & creamy drink for summer! With just three simple ingredients, it’s as easy to make as it is delicious!
My family is all about the milkshakes, especially in summer! I mean, it gets hot in Florida, and these delicious drinks are the perfect way to cool off on a hot summer day. The best part is that you don’t even have to go to an ice cream shop to get one!
Ice Cream Adventures Extra Savings Promotion
If there’s one thing I love as much as homemade milkshakes, it’s saving money. That’s why I’m excited about the Ice Cream Adventures Extra Savings promotion at Publix! Running from July 2-14, I can stock up and save on enough ice cream to make our favorite desserts all summer long.
Here are just a few of the yummy treats you can save on:
Rebel Ice Cream (Take $1.50 off any (1) Rebel Ice Cream Pint) – Creamy and delicious, this ice cream is perfect for those who enjoy the sweet taste of ice cream but don’t want all the sugar and carbs that come with it. This also happens to be the ice cream I used for my peanut butter milkshake recipe.
Jeni’s Ice Cream ($6.99 for your choice of any Jeni’s Ice Cream pint) – With so many flavors to choose from, you can go crazy with new milkshake creations. I’m all about the Buttercream Birthday Cake, but I’ve got my eye on a bunch of other flavors too. From Boston Cream Pie to Brambleberry Crisp, I see lot’s of Jeni’s Ice Cream milkshakes in our future!
Chloe’s Pops ($4.99 for any 4-10 count package) – Made with just fruit, water, and cane sugar, this frozen treat satisfies all your dessert cravings without any artificial ingredients, colors, or flavorings. It doesn’t hurt that they taste delicious too!
Blue Bunny Load’d Sundaes ($.75 off any 8.5-ounce size) – Why buy all the fixings for an ice cream sundae when Blue Bunny has done all the work! My girls can never agree on an ice cream flavor, but with such a huge variety of individual servings to choose from, they can both choose their favorites.
I don’t know whether to make a milkshake or throw an ice cream party (maybe we’ll do both)! Want to see all the awesome deals available at Publix? Scroll to the end for the complete list – and remember to shop by July 14th, so you don’t miss out!
Let’s start with our milkshake for now…
Peanut Butter Milkshake
I’m a huge peanut butter lover and always wanted to try making a peanut butter milkshake! Since I’m totally stocked up on ice cream, it’s the perfect opportunity! Even better, this simple recipe takes just three ingredients and maybe a little extra for garnish.
What You’ll Need
- Rebel Ice Cream, vanilla – this is what gives you all the sweet, creamy texture you look for in a milkshake
- Creamy Peanut Butter – gives your shake it’s peanut-y taste
- Whole milk – thins out the ice cream and peanut butter for a smooth consistency
- Extra peanut butter, chopped peanuts, and whipped cream to make your milkshake look extra fancy
How To Make A Peanut Butter Shake
Step 1: Garnish is optional, but it’s one of my favorite things to add when making a milkshake. It just makes them that much more fun. Start by using a knife to spread the peanut butter around the inside and the rim of a tall glass.
Step 2: Place peanuts in a bag and use a mallet or a rolling pin to crush them into small pieces (or you can use a food processor). Be sure to leave a small opening in the corner of the bag so that it doesn’t pop open as you pound it.
Step 3: Dip the rim of your glass into the peanuts. Move the glass in small circles until the rim is evenly covered.
Step 4: Place the glass in the freezer to chill while making the milkshake.
Step 5: Add four generous scoops of ice cream to your blender.
Step 6: Add peanut butter. Be sure to use the creamy kind for a smoother shake.
Step 7: Pour milk into the blender. Blend until ingredients are smooth and creamy.
Step 8: Pour into your milkshake glass. Top with whipped cream and a few crushed peanuts. Enjoy!
This recipe makes one large shake or two smaller, kid-sized ones.
If you prefer your milkshake on the thicker side, add slightly less milk. If you like it thin so that it’s easier to sip through a straw, add a little more milk.
Tips & Tricks
- This creamy peanut butter milkshake is even better when you use a chilled glass. After adding the peanut butter garnish, place the glass in the freezer while you make the shake.
- Don’t run the blender for too long, or else your ice cream will get too soft, resulting in a thinner milkshake.
- Another fun idea is to melt chocolate chips and dip the glass in the melted chocolate, then the crushed peanuts.
- Hot fudge or chocolate syrup – It’s no secret that peanut butter and chocolate make for some of the most delicious recipes!
- Banana – Toss a frozen banana in the blender for a banana peanut butter milkshake.
- Caramel syrup – A peanut butter caramel milkshake is sure to be tasty.
More Delicious Milkshake Recipes
Peanut Butter Milkshake Recipe
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream approximately 4 large scoops
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup milk whole milk is best but you can use any
- Extra peanut butter, whipped cream and crushed peanuts
- Garnish your glass by spreading peanut butter around the inside of the glass and on the outside rim. Dip glass into crushed peanuts, moving it in a circular motion until the rim is covered. Chill in the freezer while making your milkshake.
- Add ice cream, peanut butter and milk to your blender. Blend until ingredients are smooth and creamy.
- Pour into the milkshake glass and garnish with whipped cream and a few crushed peanuts. Enjoy!