This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This DIY Red Truck Christmas picture frame is such a fun and easy holiday craft that lets you turn a simple Christmas card into a beautiful piece of holiday art!
If you’re looking for an easy DIY project that’s a perfect addition to your Christmas decor, give this red truck Christmas picture frame a try. You’ll frame a festive Christmas truck holiday card with a rustic faux wood frame, then decorate it by gluing on some pretty holiday embellishments.
Then you can add it to your Christmas decorations and display it on your wall all season long. You can even give it away as a holiday gift.
Table of Contents
Why We Love This Craft
Budget Friendly – Making your own holiday wall art is a great way to save money – especially since you can find most of the supplies for this project at the Dollar Tree.
Great for Gifting – This DIY Christmas project makes a lovely homemade gift for a friend, a neighbor, or a special teacher.
Versatile – You can change the holiday card that you use in the frame and make an entire series of festive holiday pictures.
- 1 Red truck Christmas card
- 5×7 faux wood photo frame
- Berry Garland
- Buffalo check wire edged ribbon
- Jute cord/twine
- Red berry bunch floral stem
- 7 small silver bells
- Waverly Chalk paint – color “Plaster”
- Hot glue gun w/ glue sticks
- Small paint brush
This easy Christmas craft is sure to bring lots of holiday cheer into your home. Grab your supplies from the Dollar Tree and get crafting with this pretty and festive project. No one will ever be able to tell that it’s homemade!
Looking for More Holiday Crafts?
We’ve got plenty of holiday crafting fun for all ages. Check out a few of our favorite easy projects below.
- Clay Pot Christmas Tree Ornament
- DIY Cupcake Ornaments
- Reindeer Footprint Art
- Paintbrush Santa Ornament
- Clay Pot Santa Christmas Ornament
DIY Red Truck Christmas Picture Frame
- Cut the Christmas card in half. Set the back half aside to use in another project.
- Open the frame and remove the insert. Place the Christmas card in the frame and reassemble.
- Cut a piece of ribbon about 1 ½ inches long. (You can use the plaid squares as a guide. Cut from the middle of a black square, skip one, then cut again in the middle of the third black square.)
- Cut a piece of twine about 3 inches, then tie it around the middle of the ribbon to make a bow.
- Glue the berry garland all around the front edge of the photo frame. Go over the garland with glue to secure where needed.
- Break the floral stem berries into a few small bunches. Starting in the top corner of the frame, glue the berries, bells, and bow about halfway to the middle of the top and side of the frame.
- Dip the tip of your paint brush in the paint. Lightly bounce the brush along the sides of the frame, over the berry garland.
- Let paint dry and add your new Christmas truck frame to the rest of your holiday decor!
- Use the back of a paint brush to press the garland down while gluing.
- If too much paint gets on the berries, you can remove it with a damp paper towel.