This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Watermelon Rum Punch Recipe brings the flavor of fresh watermelon juice to a tropical rum cocktail that you can enjoy all summer long. This easy and delicious blended cocktail is guaranteed to be a hit at your next party.
With summer just around the corner, we’re all about the watermelon drinks. From this frozen watermelon daiquiri to a our favorite watermelon crush cocktail, we can’t get enough! This 5-ingredient Watermelon Rum Punch replaces the traditional pineapple juice with fresh watermelon juice, for refreshing twist on the classic recipe.
Add it to your summer menu and you’ll be all set for pool days, cookouts, and back porch happy hours. This fruity cocktail pairs perfectly with warm summer days, and it’s sure to add some extra cheer to your fun in the sun!
Why We Love This Recipe
Perfect for Summer – Watermelon cocktails are perfect during the summer months! This drink would be ideal for sipping poolside, or for an outdoor party.
Refreshing – The fresh watermelon and citrus juices give this drink a delicious fresh flavor that you won’t find in most cocktails.
Easy to Prepare – Just combine a few simple ingredients in your blender and you’ll have a large pitcher or serving bowl of party-worthy cocktails ready in minutes!
- Seedless watermelon
- White rum
- Orange juice
- Fresh squeezed lime juice
- Fresh watermelon wedges and lime slices for garnish
How to Make Watermelon Rum Punch
Step 1: Combine ripe watermelon, orange juice, lime juice, and light rum in your blender.
Step 2: Blend for about 60 seconds, until smooth.
Note: If you want to remove the watermelon pulp, blend the watermelon alone and strain the watermelon puree through a fine-mesh strainer. Discard solids, return juice to the blender, add remaining ingredients, and blend again.
Step 3: Pour over ice into your favorite cocktail glass, then garnish with fresh watermelon wedges, lime slices and mint leaves.
Tips & Tricks
- Add a sugar or salt rim to your glass or try Tajin for a little spicy kick. Any of these would be delicious with the watermelon.
- For best results, choose a ripe, seedless watermelon. It’s also a good idea to cut it into small chunks and chill it in advance so it’s cold when you’re ready to make your drink.
- You can leave out the rum and add extra watermelon juice to make a non-alcoholic version. Or replace half of the orange juice with triple sec or other orange liqueur for an extra boozy version.
Sure – this recipe will also work with vodka or tequila. You could also go with coconut rum in place of the plain variety.
Yes – You can store the juice in the fridge for up to 2 days, so feel free to prepare it in advance to save time.
More Summer Cocktails
- Watermelon Mojito
- Spicy Mango Margarita
- Pineapple Mai Tai
- Orange Creamsicle Cocktail
- Bacardi Strawberry Daiquiri
Watermelon Rum Punch
- 4 cups seedless watermelon
- ½ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup lime juice we used freshly squeezed
- 1 cup white rum
- Fresh watermelon slices and lime slices for garnish
- Combine watermelon, orange juice, lime juice, and rum in your blender.4 cups seedless watermelon, ½ cup orange juice, ¼ cup lime juice, 1 cup white rum
- Blend for about 60 seconds, until smooth.
- Pour over ice into your favorite cocktail glass, then garnish with fresh watermelon wedges, lime slices and mint leaves.Ice, Fresh watermelon slices and lime slices for garnish