This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
These Golden Snitch themed peanut butter balls, made with peanut butter and chocolate, are the perfect treat for your next Harry Potter party or movie night.
My girls and I love all things Harry Potter! My oldest even had a Harry Potter party for her last birthday and we celebrated the year before at The Wizarding World Of Harry Potter. That’s why, when we decided to have a Harry Potter day recently, it seemed only fitting that we come up with Harry Potter recipes too.
Table of Contents
Harry Potter Golden Snitch Peanut Butter Balls
Our favorite turned out to be these fun peanut butter balls. Shaped like little golden snitches, these Harry Potter treats took just a few ingredients and turned out super cute. Plus, they’re perfect for birthday parties or even just a fun treat for your movie night.
Your family will love these (and you can even let the kids help make them)!
Making The Peanut Butter Balls
The beauty of this Harry Potter recipe is that the ingredient list is super short! Start by mixing peanut butter, powdered sugar and butter.
Keep going until the mixture thickens enough to be rolled into balls.
Next, form twelve balls and place them on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. If you need more, you could easily make the balls slightly smaller to form 15 balls.
Covering The Balls In Chocolate
Put the peanut butter balls in the fridge and grab yellow and brown candy melts. I experimented a little to get as close to gold as I could…it wasn’t easy but I went with one cup of yellow candy melts with eight dark chocolate melts. I also added a teaspoon of vegetable oil for a smoother consistency.
Microwave at 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds until melted. Dip the peanut butter balls in the melted chocolate.
I know they don’t look gold yet but I experimented with different shades and this looked best once they were sprayed with the edible gold spray. When I just used yellow melts, they looked too yellow, even after spraying them.
Place them them on the wax paper (be sure they’re not touching).
Put them in the refrigerator for a minute while you pour the rest of the melted chocolate into a squeeze bottle. It only takes a minute or two for the chocolate to be firm enough. Now take the squeeze bottle and make Golden Snitch accents on the chocolate balls. I just did a half oval on the side, then three lines down within the oval. You can get even fancier if you’d like.
Next, spray them with Gold Color Mist to give them a cool, metallic look.
Making The Wings
If you don’t want to make your own wings, you can buy golden snitch wings on Amazon. However, I didn’t know this at the time so I made my own. It’s totally up to you and both will work just fine.
To make my own sets of winges, I used gold glitter card stock (be careful to pick a kind where the glitter doesn’t come off). You can use this handy wing template to print directly onto the cardstock or to use as tracers.
Next, I hot glued toothpicks to the back of the wings.
Push the toothpicks into the sides of the peanut butter balls. Once they have wings, your Golden Snitches are ready to fly away!
I love how cute these turned out. Harry Potter food is always fun, especially when it’s an edible Golden Snitch!
Better eat one fast or they may just fly away…
Harry Potter Golden Snitch Peanut Butter Balls
- Golden Snitch wings
- Combine peanut butter, butter and powdered sugar in a mixing bowl.1 cup peanut butter, 6 tbsp butter, 3 cups powdered sugar
- Mix until well blended and thick enough to form balls.
- Make 12 peanut butter balls, placing them on a cookie sheet covered in wax paper and refrigerate 15-30 minutes.
- Combine yellow candy melts, dark cocoa candy melts and vegetable oil in a bowl.1 cup yellow candy melts, 8 dark cocoa candy melts, 1 tsp vegetable oil
- Microwave at 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted.
- Remove peanut butter balls from refrigerator and dip in melted chocolate.
- Place back on wax paper and refrigerate until chocolate hardens (not long, just a few minutes)
- Pour remaining melted chocolate into a decorating bottle. By this time, the chocolate shells should be hardened. Use the chocolate in the decorating bottle to make Golden Snitch designs on the peanut butter balls.
- Spray peanut butter balls with Wilton Gold Color Mist and let dry.Gold color mist
- Cut wings from gold card stock and glue toothpicks to the back, leaving just enough of the toothpick free to stick into the cake. You could also use the premade wings from Amazon.
- Once color is dry, attach wings and your Golden Snitch Peanut Butter Balls are ready to go.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!
More Harry Potter Ideas
Want more awesome Harry Potter ideas? Check out some of my other posts…
- Harry Potter Recipes
- Harry Potter Butterbeer Recipe
- Butterbeer Ice Cream
- Frozen Butterbeer
- Butterbeer Cupcakes
- Butterbeer Fudge
- Butterbeer Cookies
- Acid Pops
- Pumpkin Pasties
- Treacle Tarts
- Harry Potter Printable Coloring Pages
- Harry Potter Crafts For Kids
- Harry Potter Party Ideas
- Printable Harry Potter Banner
- Harry Potter Party Favor Ideas
- Best Gifts For Harry Potter Fans
- Harry Potter Goodie Bags
- Harry Potter Bingo
- DIY Harry Potter Wands
- Harry Potter Valentines
- Harry Potter Valentine Box
- Monster Book Of Monsters Valentine Box
- Harry Potter Pumpkin (no carve)
- Golden Snitch Pumpkin (no carve)
- Harry Potter Party Invitations
- Harry Potter Thank You Cards
- Golden Snitch Peanut Butter Balls
- Harry Potter Water Bottle Label
- What Not To Miss At The Wizarding World Of Harry Potter
- Harry Potter Studio Tour London