Love Harry Potter? These Golden Snitch themed peanut butter balls are perfect for your Harry Potter party or movie night.
My girls and I love all things Harry Potter! My oldest even had a Harry Potter party for her last birthday and we celebrated the year before at The Wizarding World Of Harry Potter. That’s why, when we decided to have a Harry Potter day recently, it seemed only fitting that we come up with Harry Potter recipes too.
Harry Potter Golden Snitch Peanut Butter Balls
Our favorite turned out to be these fun peanut butter balls. Shaped like little golden snitches, these Harry Potter treats took just a few ingredients and turned out super cute. Plus, they’re perfect for birthday parties or even just a fun treat for your movie night.
Your family will love these (and you can even let the kids help make them)!
Making The Peanut Butter Balls
The beauty of this Harry Potter recipe is that the ingredient list is super short! Start by mixing peanut butter, powdered sugar and butter.
Keep going until the mixture thickens enough to be rolled into balls.
Next, form twelve balls and place them on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. If you need more, you could easily make the balls slightly smaller to form 15 balls.
Covering The Balls In Chocolate
Put the peanut butter balls in the fridge and grab yellow and brown candy melts. I experimented a little to get as close to gold as I could…it wasn’t easy but I went with one cup of yellow candy melts with eight dark chocolate melts. I also added a teaspoon of vegetable oil for a smoother consistency.
Microwave at 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds until melted. Dip the peanut butter balls in the melted chocolate.
I know they don’t look gold yet but I experimented with different shades and this looked best once they were sprayed with the edible gold spray. When I just used yellow melts, they looked too yellow, even after spraying them.
Place them them on the wax paper (be sure they’re not touching).
Put them in the refrigerator for a minute while you pour the rest of the melted chocolate into a squeeze bottle. It only takes a minute or two for the chocolate to be firm enough. Now take the squeeze bottle and make Golden Snitch accents on the chocolate balls. I just did a half oval on the side, then three lines down within the oval. You can get even fancier if you’d like.
Next, spray them with Gold Color Mist to give them a cool, metallic look.
Making The Wings
Now you’ll need wings. I used gold glitter card stock and was careful to pick a kind where the glitter didn’t come off. You can use this handy wing template to print directly onto the cardstock or to use as tracers.
Next, I hot glued toothpicks to the back of the wings.
Push the toothpicks into the sides of the peanut butter balls. Once they have wings, your Golden Snitches are ready to fly away!
I love how cute these turned out. Harry Potter food is always fun, especially when it’s an edible Golden Snitch!
Better eat one fast or they may just fly away…
Ingredients For Peanut Butter Balls
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 cup yellow candy melts
- 8 dark cocoa candy melts
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- Gold color mist
- Combine peanut butter, butter and powdered sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Mix until well blended and thick enough to form balls.
- Make 12 peanut butter balls, placing them on a cookie sheet covered in wax paper.
- Combine yellow candy melts, dark cocoa candy melts and vegetable.
- Microwave at 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted.
- Remove peanut butter balls from refrigerator and dip in melted chocolate.
- Place back on wax paper and refrigerate until chocolate hardens (not long, just a minutes)
- Pour remaining melted chocolate into a decorating bottle. By this time, the chocolate shells should be hardened. Use the decorating bottle to make Golden Snitch designs on the peanut butter balls.
- Spray peanut butter balls with Wilton Gold Color Mist and let dry.
- Cut wings from gold card stock and glue toothpicks to the back, leaving just enough of the toothpick free to stick into the cake.
- Once color is dry, attach wings and your Golden Snitch Peanut Butter Balls are ready to go.
- Refrigerate until needed.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 385Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 185mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 2gSugar: 41gProtein: 6g
More Harry Potter Ideas
Want more awesome Harry Potter ideas? Check out some of my other posts…
- Harry Potter Recipes
- Butterbeer Recipe
- Harry Potter Printable Coloring Pages
- Harry Potter Party Ideas
- Harry Potter Party Favor Ideas
- Best Gifts For Harry Potter Fans
- Harry Potter Goodie Bags
- Harry Potter Bingo
- DIY Harry Potter Wands
- Harry Potter Valentines
- Harry Potter Valentine Box
- Monster Book Of Monsters Valentine Box
- Harry Potter Pumpkin (no carve)
- Golden Snitch Pumpkin (no carve)
- Harry Potter Party Invitations
- Harry Potter Thank You Cards
- Golden Snitch Peanut Butter Balls
- Harry Potter Water Bottle Label
- What Not To Miss At The Wizarding World Of Harry Potter
- Harry Potter Studio Tour London