This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Could this dog valentine box possibly be any cuter? Your kids will love collecting their valentines in this little guy!
This time of year it’s all about the valentines! My youngest loves coming up with new valentine box ideas and is totally counting down the days until she can bring hers to school.
I couldn’t stop at just one box though. With an upcoming appearance on Suncoast View, I’d need to make lots more and my girls chimed in with the idea for this cute dog valentine box.
Scroll to the end of this post to see my entire list of Valentine’s Day Boxes
Dog Valentine Box
Since both of my girls are obsessed with puppies, this was one of their first suggestions. I knew it would be fun to make but this little guy turned out even cuter than I expected!
It was pretty easy already but I’ve included a traceable template so you just have to cut it out, trace the pieces and glue. You can even customize your dog by changing up the colors. Make a white dog with black spots, a black dog with brown spots or even a pink dog with purple spots…totally up to you!
Ready to get started?
Dog Valentine Box
- Start by wrapping your box in white construction paper and cutting a hole with an X-acto knife or box cutter. (I used a Capri Sun box just to give you an idea of the size I used)
- Print template for tracing.
- Cut out tracers and trace on craft foam.
- Cut out shapes from craft foam (I started with the face)
- Use hot glue to put together the dog’s face and use a permanent marker to make his mouth.
- Glue legs to the side of the box and use permanent marker for details, then add more "spots" to the dogs body.
- You can even add a little tail if you’d like
- That’s all there is to it. Now your child has an adorable dog valentine box to bring to school!
- The amount of white construction paper you need to cover your dog will depend on how big a box you use. I used two pieces to cover the Capri Sun box and had some to spare.
- Also, the time it takes to make this will vary based on the age & skill of the child (and also how much of a perfectionist your child is!)
If your kids are dog lovers like mine are, they’re going to love making this valentine craft. It’s easy and lots of fun too!
More Valentine Box Ideas
More Fun Valentine Box Ideas:
- Baby Yoda Valentine Box (with matching Valentine cards)
- Among Us Valentine Box
- Gnome Valentine Box
- Robot Valentine Box
- Spiderman Valentine Box
- Monster Book Of Monsters Valentine Box
- Harry Potter Valentine Box
- Owl Valentine Box
- Panda Valentine Box
- LEGO Valentine Box
- Chewbacca Valentine Box
- Unicorn Valentine Box
- Dog Valentine Box
- Heart Shaped Valentine Box
- SpongeBob Valentine Box
- Shopkins TV Valentine Box
- Donut Valentine Box
- Minion Valentine Box
- Cat Valentine Box
- Shopkins Calculator Valentine Box
Part of the fun of valentines day are all the awesome Valentine’s Day Desserts, right?
I can’t decide if my favorite thing about these Cherry Hand Pies is that they taste so good or that they can be made with just three ingredients!