This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Unicorn Valentine Box is the perfect way for your little unicorn lover to collect their cards on Valentine’s Day. It’s easy and fun to make and is sure to be the cutest valentine box in the class!
With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, you know what that means, right? Time to start saving all those boxes because the kids are going to need a cute Valentine’s Day box for school.
I always had lots of fun making these as a kid and now I love helping my own kids with their valentines boxes. It’s such a fun way to squeeze in a little extra mommy/daughter time and get crafty at the same time.
We already love unicorn crafts and made an adorable toilet paper roll unicorn using gift ribbons. We also made a unicorn pumpkin for Halloween so a DIY unicorn valentine box just seemed like a perfect fit! (You can even make fun foods to enjoy while making it, like this unicorn milkshake or mini no-bake unicorn cheesecakes.)
Unicorn Valentine Box
Because every little girl loves unicorns, we couldn’t go wrong with this cute idea. You just need an empty cardboard box (we use cereal boxes), a few craft supplies and you’re good to go!
(Want matching valentine cards? You can find cute unicorn valentines here.)
- Grab a cereal box and the pink construction paper.
- Starting at the back edge, wrap the construction paper around your box, using hot glue to secure it in place. Don't forget to cover the top and bottom of the box too.
- Use an Exacto knife to cut a hole in the back for the valentine cards. You can use scissors too but I find that it's a lot easier to use an Exacto knife.
- Draw the lashes with pencil, then color in with a black marker. If you're worried about messing up, you can also draw the eyelashes on black construction paper, cut them out, then glue them to the front of the box using a glue stick or glue gun.
- Cut a half circle out of gold glitter cardstock. This one was approximately 10" in diameter.
- Starting with one corner, roll the cardstock into a horn shape.
- Secure with hot glue.
- The bottom of your horn will be uneven so you'll need to grab your scissors to cut the excess so it will fit flush against the box.
- Use hot glue to attach the unicorn horn to the top of the valentine box.
- Cut two pink ears out of craft foam, then cut smaller white ones to fit on the inside of the ear.
- Glue the white piece to the pink piece, then use hot glue to attach the ears to the top of your box. Add flowers.
- Continue to glue hot flowers all along the top of the box and down the right side of the unicorn face. Once you've attached enough flowers, your valentine box is ready to show off!
If you are having trouble drawing the lashes, one trick is to Google unicorn eyelashes and find some you you like. Then print them, cut them out and glue them to the front of the box.
While I linked to flowers on Amazon, you'll find the best choices at any dollar store.
Your child can use different colors of paper to create a unicorn valentine boxes in any color they like. If you don't have construction paper, you can use anything from plain white paper to wrapping paper.
Don't forget to add your child's name to the box so everyone will know who it belongs too!
This couldn’t have turned out any cuter and my daughter had so much fun making it. She couldn’t wait to bring her unicorn box to school to collect all her Valentine’s Day cards!
More Valentine Box Ideas
You might also like these Valentine Box ideas:
- Baby Yoda Valentine Box (with matching Valentine cards)
- Among Us Valentine Box
- Monster Book Of Monsters Valentine Box
- Harry Potter Valentine Box
- Owl Valentine Box
- Panda Valentine Box
- LEGO Valentine Box
- Chewbacca Valentine Box
- Unicorn Valentine Box
- Dog Valentine Box
- Heart Shaped Valentine Box
- SpongeBob Valentine Box
- Shopkins TV Valentine Box
- Donut Valentine Box
- Minion Valentine Box
- Cat Valentine Box
- Shopkins Calculator Valentine Box
More Valentine’s Day Crafts And Treats
You can even keep the theme going with these yummy Unicorn Kiss Cookies.
Want some tasty Valentine’s Day treats? Share these with someone you love!
Mini Valentine Cake (with a sweet surprise inside)