Don’t worry…this shark valentine box doesn’t actually bite. He’s filled with nothing but love…and valentines!
For your convenience, this post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Shark Valentine Box
I love coming up with new valentine box ideas this time of year and since we live just minutes from the beach, it didn’t take long to come up with the idea for this shark valentine box! Don’t worry though…like my dog valentine box and Baby Yoda box, he’s very friendly!
Not only that, he’s really easy to make! I’ve got a printable template for the fins and with the easy to follow tutorial, kids of all ages can make this shark box. Kids at school will have so much fun “feeding” the shark with valentines cards and candy!
Just gather a few supplies and you’re good to go!
Scroll to the end of this post to see my entire list of Valentine’s Day Boxes
- Wrap box in blue construction paper (I used a Capri Sun box)
- On opposite sides of the box, make a triangle for the mouth. I found that using a ruler made it easier, both for keeping each side the same size and for making the lines straight. Leave about 1/2 inch at the top and bottom of the box.
- Cut the triangles on each side and along the front to make the shark's mouth.
- Using the white foam, cut in a zig zag across the length of the sheet to make the teeth.
- Glue teeth inside the mouth, on the top and bottom, with the hot glue gun.
- Print the template and cut out the pieces. Trace on blue or gray craft foam and cut.
- Use the X-acto knife to make a slit in the back of the shark. Insert bottom of fin into the slit and "cement" with hot glue.
- Glue wiggly eyes to side of box near the mouth and draw gills with the marker.
- Use glue to add the tail, then add the smaller fins to the side. That's it...your shark is good to go! Kids will have so much fun "feeding" the shark with their valentines!
This little guy turned out super cute and makes a great valentine craft for both girls and boys!
You might also like these Valentine Box ideas:
- Baby Yoda Valentine Box (with matching Valentine cards)
- Monster Book Of Monsters Valentine Box
- Harry Potter Valentine Box
- Owl Valentine Box
- Panda Valentine Box
- LEGO Valentine Box
- Chewbacca Valentine Box
- Unicorn Valentine Box
- Dog Valentine Box
- Heart Shaped Valentine Box
- SpongeBob Valentine Box
- Shopkins TV Valentine Box
- Donut Valentine Box
- Minion Valentine Box
- Cat Valentine Box
- Shopkins Calculator Valentine Box