This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Baby Yoda pumpkin couldn’t get much cuter and your kids will love making this adorable no carve pumpkin. The best part is that not only is it easy to make but it’s budget friendly too!
I’m so excited that it’s pumpkin time again! No, not pumpkin spice lattes and that kind of thing…I’ve never been big on those. I’m talking about pumpkin decorating!
Every year I go a little crazy! It’s one of my favorite craft projects and I’ve made everything from a unicorn pumpkin to a Frankenstein pumpkin. In fact, I’ve got over 21 pumpkin decorating ideas and I’m not stopping there.
Baby Yoda Pumpkin
I’m just getting started on this years batch and first on my list is a Baby Yoda pumpkin. We totally fell in love with Baby Yoda watching The Mandalorian on Disney+ (who didn’t, right?) and I knew he’d make a perfect pumpkin when fall rolled around.
The best part about these pumpkin decorating projects is that they’re so cheap. I buy the styrofoam pumpkins from Dollar Tree and since they’re only a dollar, it’s no big deal if we mess it up! Even if we do, we can usually just paint over it and start again.
Now, are you ready to make a Halloween pumpkin?
- Start by painting the pumpkin with the lime colored paint. Let dry for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Print the template for the eyes and ears and cut out the pieces. You may still need to trim them to fit the way you want but this gives you a good starting point.
- Trace the largest part of the eye template.
- Now line up the medium size eye template and trace. You'll see that mine wasn't exact but it didn't matter because I knew I'd be painting over it anyway.
- Finally, trace the smallest eye template.
- Paint the outside of the eye with the regular green color.
- Use white paint for the middle section.
- Paint the inside of the eye black.
- Add reflections to the eye with a little white paint.
- Use the green paint and add a nose and mouth.
- Trace the ear templates. Trace one side of the template, then flip the template over and trace the other side. (If you don't flip it for the second ear, they won't be symmetrical)
- Do the same for the inside part of the ear. Trace it on pink, then flip the template over for the second one.
- Flip the green foam so that any pencil marks from tracing are on the back. Do the same with the pink foam, then glue the pink pieces to the top of the green ones.
- Before adding glue to the ears, hold them up against the pumpkin to be sure they're flush. You may have to trim them to fit the curve of the pumpkin. Once you've done that, apply hot glue to the edge of one ear and attach it to the pumpkin. Add more glue to the back to be sure it stays in place.
- Once both ears are firmly attached, you've got your adorable Baby Yoda pumpkin!
To make it convenient, I've included links so that you can easily find these supplies on Amazon. However, if you want to save money, you can find many of these items cheaper at a store like Walmart or Michaels.
How adorable is this little guy? I seriously love how cute he turned out!
I’ve made a lot of pumpkins but this is one of my favorites!
Stay tuned…this is just the start!
Want more cute Halloween pumpkins for your front porch? Get all the tutorials here:
- Baby Yoda Pumpkin
- Harry Potter Pumpkin
- Golden Snitch Pumpkin
- Pumpkin Diorama
- Unicorn Pumpkin
- Jack Skellington Pumpkin
- Sally Skellington Pumpkin
- Hello Kitty Pumpkin
- Frankenstein Pumpkin
- Mummy Pumpkin
- Black Cat Pumpkin
- Emoji Pumpkins
- Bat Pumpkin
- Spider Pumpkin
- Melted Crayon Pumpkin
- Cinderella Inspired Pumpkin
- Teal Pumpkin
- Butterfly Pumpkin
- Bumblebee Pumpkin
- Metallic Polka Dot Pumpkin
- Caramel Apple Pumpkin
- Spiderweb Pumpkin
- Glitter Pumpkin
- Dollar Tree Pumpkin
- Minnie Mouse Pumpkin
- Mickey Mouse Pumpkin
- Spiderman Pumpkin
More Halloween Fun
If you liked this Baby Yoda pumpkin, you’ll want to check out these Halloween ideas too…
Treat your neighbors to a fun Halloween Boo Basket! Comes with free printable and boo basket ideas.
What’s better for dinner on Halloween than this fun Mummy Pizza!
Still trying to decide on a Halloween costume? Check out these Disney Princess Dress Up Ideas.