This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Mickey Mouse painted pumpkin is the perfect Halloween craft for Disney fans. Made with just a few easy to find craft supplies, it’s an adorable no-carve pumpkin idea that all ages will love!
This craft was originally posted in September 2020
It’s that time of year! Halloween season is just around the corner, which means it’s time to brainstorm new cute pumpkin ideas. I’ve made tons of no carve pumpkins, from a Jack Skellington Pumpkin to a Minion Pumpkin. Coming up with new ideas each year is my favorite part of Halloween.
This time it just took a walk down Main Street USA for the inspiration to hit!
Disney pumpkins are always so much fun and I’ve made everything from a Cinderella pumpkin to a Jack Skellington pumpkin (and a Sally pumpkin to match). Until now though, I’d never made a Mickey pumpkin.
However, instead of the Mickey Mouse Jack-o-lantern style that I saw throughout the park, I went in a slightly different direction.
Table of Contents
Mickey Mouse Pumpkin
For my Mickey Mouse pumpkin, I started with an orange foam pumpkin. These are what I use for almost all of my painted pumpkins! You can find them on Amazon but I get mine from Dollar Tree because they’re so much cheaper.
Get them fast though because every year they sell out earlier and earlier. If you can’t find them, this craft totally works with real pumpkins (mini pumpkins turn out super cute too). You can also pick up a faux pumpkin from the craft store.
You may want an extra one so you can make this Minnie Mouse pumpkin next. We wouldn’t want Mickey to get lonely, would we?
Mickey Mouse Painted Pumpkin
- Use a pencil to draw a horizontal line around the middle of the pumpkin. This will help you get clean lines when you're painting.
- Paint the top half with black paint and the bottom half with red paint. You may need to add a second coat. Set aside to dry.
- Trace a circular shape for the foam ears. I used a 4" coaster but I've also made a template you can use instead. (The template also includes a bow for Minnie ears)
- Cut out the ears, then cut another small curved section so the the ears will fit the shape of the pumpkin.
- Once the painted pumpkin is dry, you can add the ears. First, hold them against the pumpkin to be sure they fit flush against it. You may need to trim them a little to get a perfect fit. Then, add glue along the inner curve of the first ear and attach it to the pumpkin, holding it in place until the glue dries.
- Add a little bit of glue on the bottom of each ear too, just to be sure it's firmly attached to the pumpkin. I add it behind the ear so it's not noticeable.
- Glue the buttons to the front of your Mickey Mouse pumpkin, just below where the black starts.
- That’s it! Super easy and now you have a Halloween pumpkin that everyone will love…because who doesn’t love Mickey Mouse!
- Making a Minnie Mouse pumpkin too? Save time by painting a second pumpkin red and black while making this one.
- If you’re using a bigger pumpkin than this, you may need bigger Mickey Mouse ears. You can trace around a bowl, large round lid or any other circular shape that works.
- Don’t have white buttons? Make two circles with white paints, then make four small red dots in the middle to look like holes.
We love how this Mickey Mouse Halloween pumpkin added a little a touch of Disney to our decor.
Pumpkin Decorating Ideas
Want my complete list of Halloween pumpkins? You’ll find tutorials for each of these on the blog (told you I go a little crazy!)
Want more easy pumpkin painting ideas? Get all the tutorials here:
- Baby Yoda Pumpkin
- Harry Potter Pumpkin
- Golden Snitch Pumpkin
- Pumpkin Diorama
- Unicorn Pumpkin
- Jack Skellington Pumpkin
- Sally Skellington Pumpkin
- Hello Kitty Pumpkin
- Frankenstein Pumpkin
- Mummy Pumpkin
- Black Cat Pumpkin
- Emoji Pumpkins
- Bat Pumpkin
- Spider Pumpkin
- Melted Crayon Pumpkin
- Cinderella Inspired Pumpkin
- Teal Pumpkin
- Butterfly Pumpkin
- Bumblebee Pumpkin
- Metallic Polka Dot Pumpkin
- Caramel Apple Pumpkin
- Spiderweb Pumpkin
- Glitter Pumpkin
- Dollar Tree Pumpkin
- Minnie Mouse Pumpkin
- Mickey Mouse Pumpkin
- Spiderman Pumpkin